Lakeland Muskies - The Tackle Box

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Getting Dirty!

I was 12 when I got my first job picking stones at Hoff Farms in neighboring Howards Grove. From there, I moved on to working on other family farms throughout my high school and college careers.  Those jobs taught me so many valuable lessons including rolling up your sleeves and getting dirty from time to time. As the following picture will attest, getting dirty, even as a vice president for athletics, is inevitable. I happened to find a little mud with our golf cart on our newly formed cross country course on campus today.


The results of a stuck golf cart on our XC course!

The ability to get out from behind my desk and work alongside our great coaching staff and student-athletes makes this job so incredibly rewarding.  Wrestling with a golf cart stuck in the mud on our cross country course was not necessarily the highlight of my day, but watching our women's soccer team practice on a dew covered field as a new day begins, or watching the men's team wrap up the day with practice in the evening makes all of the tough parts of the day melt away.


Women's Soccer



Men's Soccer
 
Finally, a thank you to the women's volleyball team for the ALS ice bucket challenge nomination this week.  For every Muskie win this year, I will be donating $1.00 to ALS research.  Many of our coaches and teams have been involved.  Here is the video link to my dousing!
 

 
 
The class of 2018 moves in today!  Here we go!!!  Go Muskies.

No comments :

Post a Comment